Bookings now open
Stabilisation and Transfer of the
Acutely unwell Neonate
a new training course specially developed to teach and embed the theoretical understanding and practical skills needed for a safe and efficient neonatal transfer
- physics of transfer: movement, noise, vibration their risks to the infant
- psychology of transfer: parents’ perspectives, team dynamics, operating across units and trusts
- logistics of transfer: who, what, when, where, why and how
- hot cases: PPHN, Meconium Aspiration, Cooling, Extreme Preterm
- generic equipment training and troubleshooting… who’s the DOPE?
- high definition in-ambulance simulation
- neonatal consultants and paediatric consultants with a neonatal interest
- ST4+ paediatric and neonatal grid trainees
- senior nurses with strong neonatal ITU experience
Bookings now open for May!
Due to high demand for the STAN course, we have now opened bookings for a third course, 14-15th May 2019. Prices have been increased in order to better reflect the cost of providing a high quality teaching and simulation course, however a £10 early bird discount is available for those booking before the end of February.
We are keeping course numbers to 24 people in order to provide high quality simulation which is difficult to achieve with larger numbers. If you are keen to take part and have not been able to get a place, please contact us to join the reserve list and hear about new dates as soon as they open up.
If you have any questions, or difficulties registering, please read our Frequently Asked Questions page.